Sunday, February 10, 2008

SIR!! Band of Brothers

SIRS! Hey, this is definitely Matthew M. Peterson and I'm stoked, too, about this blog. What an awesome way to stay connected (good work, NBR). My first announcement is that Min and I are expecting our first baby on September the eleventh!! It's incredible to be married. It's even cooler to be expecting (though, for your wife, expecting definitely requires a lot of work I've come to find out : )... Here's a hoorah! for wonderful, virtuous, dedicated women!

As I contemplated our band of "sirs" our band of guys that are, truly, also my brothers, I became SO grateful for the inspiration of Maf and Peej to get our group back together- to begin making more GREAT MEMORIES this time with each of us offering even more wisdom, insight, and FUN (should we add a "MISSIONS" section?!) to throw in for the benefit of everyone else. I love you guys. I loved the following thought from tonight, along w/ thoughts on it: this band will reach its greatest heroism-echoing the story Maf shared tonight-POWER, and GREATNESS as we forget ourselves and get to work helping, serving, and working to build a family, friends, and everyone else we have contact with. THEN, our efforts will be of most worth WRITING about-then we'll find the "life" we're promised in Matthew 10: 39. Thanks Maf, Peej, and guys for being committed to do this! I was so happy after our meeting tonight as I walked to my car that I started running! I couldn't stop smiling. Hallelujah! I'm so grateful for a group of guys like you all who are so committed to the gospel, to loving and serving others, to "standing tall," to loving me, and most all, to loving and serving the Lord. The "Sirs" our band of brothers, I'm convinced, will be a blessing to us and many 1000 others. As we add new friends (and recal old ones (Matt Lancaster?!?), spouses, and KIDS(!!) to our lives, and maybe even to this close circle, our "band of brothers" as I like to call it, our FUN and JOY together will just keep on growing more and more. PLUS, we'll have a lot more worth blogging about! Mahal ko kayo (How they say, "I love you all," in Tagalog), Matthew M. P. P.S. I'm excited to keep posted with notes and pics from you all.

-Matt Peterson

No comments: