Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marathon Madness

Two weeks ago PJ and I ran the Nisene Marks Marathon in Aptos California.
It was a grueling 13 miles up hill, with a gain of over 2,000 feet,
and then we turned around and ran back down.
Neither one of us trained enough, but we were both able to finish it.

It was a local marathon, mostly run by old men. Only about 70 people ran it.

I did surprisingly well for having only ran 12 times in training, (seriously).
I got a slower time than my first marathon, but I never hit the wall, which was awesome!

PJ finished his First Marathon!!

Thanks to everyone who came to support us!


For anyone who thinks they are Man enough, PJ and I will be running the
Top Of Utah Marathon, on Saturday September 20th, in Logan, Utah.
Josh and Spen are already planning on it.

Here is the link for the website.
http://www.topofutahmarathon.com/

Who's ready to become a real man?

8 comments:

PJ Andersen said...

Woooooooooooooo!!!!! This was the craziest thing ever!!! And it's going to be even more nutty at the Top of UTAH!!!! Thanks for all your guys support and help!! Especially you Maf!! I couldn't have done it without you.

Jorsh said...

I didn't realize I was planning on it! Hahaha. But I guess that's a good goal, becoming a man and everything! Way to go men!

MAF said...

Oh, I forgot to mention something funny. So we are running up the trail, and we've gone about 7 miles maybe, and we meet a girl coming down. So PJ says to her, "heading down already?" thinking that she has already reached the top and is heading back. she looked at him and said, "I can't do anymore." Well this poor lady was dying and she decided to quit early, so PJ has to go and rub it in her face. She almost started crying. Way to go PJ.

PJ Andersen said...

hahahaha. . . .that was the best!!

Brian said...

If that's what it takes to become a man, count me out...

MAF said...

pansy.

nbr said...

i am also a pansy

MAF said...

I just registered for top of utah on active.com. If you haven't done it yet, get cracka-lackin. (it comes to about 60 bucks) (and don't get the pasta dinner... its a rip off!!!)